Terra Verde Environmental Consulting is a small, growing environmental consulting firm based in San Luis Obispo, California. Our team of environmental professionals specializes in biological and botanical surveys, natural resource management, environmental planning and permitting, habitat restoration, and regulatory compliance.
We are seeking a senior level botanist for our San Luis Obispo, California office. This position requires an individual to have a background in the flora of California, knowledge of botanical resources found in the Central Coast region, and strong technical writing skills. Experience in site restoration and wetland delineations is a must. GIS experience is also desired.
This is a full-time salaried position and requires flexibility to travel and work out of the area for brief periods of time. The position requires long field days in remote areas seasonally. Full-time employees are eligible to receive paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, paid sick time, volunteer paid time off, participation in our retirement plan, as well as a monthly reimbursement for our Wellness Program. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Write high quality technical documents.
- Conduct botanical assessments per standard protocols independently or in teams.
- Key plants per the Jepson Manual.
- Lead wetland delineation field work, assessment, and report writing.
- Serve as a botanical and environmental compliance monitor at various job sites throughout the Central Coast and possibly other areas within California.
- Understand resource agency permitting triggers and requirements.
- Develop site restoration plans, oversee implementation, and complete annual monitoring and reporting.
- Oversee junior staff both in the office and field.
- Utilize ARCGIS to create detailed vegetation community and other related maps.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in a combination of the following: technical writing, botanical surveys, site restoration, wetland delineation, environmental permitting, environmental compliance, and/or environmental consulting
- Wetland delineation training or certification per U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Previous experience working as a team member on environmental compliance programs -- preferably for utility and energy projects for both private and public sector clients
- Education or training in plant taxonomy and field botanical identification
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively in small, multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent writing skills
- Enthusiasm to learn
Here at Terra Verde, we love what we do. If you are an ambitious self starter, come join our team! Please use this form to apply for any current opening. We'd love to hear from you.
We're headquartered in San Luis Obispo on the Central Coast of California. Our office space is shared with RRM Design Group who designed the building using energy-efficient materials and systems. We proudly operate our business in a space certified as Gold through USGB's LEED for Existing Buildings.